Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where will you be in 2025?

How much impact will what you do today have on people in 2025?

For the 128 hours per week that I'm NOT at work (and, thank God, I have a job now!) and, minus the 56 hours I'm sleeping, I have the remaining 72 hours to make an impact.

Strengthen my relationship with Jesus
Care for my Family
Nurture my Relationships
Reach out to Others

What about daily prayer? One way to make your prayer life more impactful is to pray for specifics. Beyond the "thank you for this food" prayer before dinner...beyond the last minute "help me ace this interview" prayer...PRAYER is a way you can reach out - next door or around the world - to ask God to grant his Power and Peace to others.

Wycliffe is an organization with a mission to "see Bible translation in progress for every people group that needs it by 2025." There are over 6000 languages...WOW...that's a big mission.

Wycliffe offers a really cool way to get involved - Bibleless Peoples Prayer Project. I signed up last week and today, I received a letter in the mail letting me know I am assigned to the Demta speakers in Indonesia. The letter includes information about the people group, their region, and the project. I can support this work by praying specifically for this group of people and the workers who will one day make their way to them. I will receive updates and one day will learn that they have received the Holy Bible in their own native language - their heart language.

Here's the link to the program: http://www.wycliffe.org/Pray.aspx

Here's a partial list of world languages - there are thousands (although the number is shrinking): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on our Bibleless Peoples Prayer Project.

We'll try and continue to keep you updated on the Demta speakers

May God bless as you pray for this group. Thanks for telling others about the need for prayer.

Nate Cheeseman
Bibleless Peoples Prayer Project Manager.

Unknown said...

Thanks for praying for the Demta and for letting others know about this opportunity to change a people groups world.

Russ Hersman
Senior Vice President
Wycliffe USA