Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Wife of Noble Character

Proverbs 31 gives us an explicit and very detailed example of a day in the life of a virtuous woman.

It takes more than reading this to understand it - it takes life experience and for me, many, many mistakes! And it will take a lifetime of practice for me to never perfect it!

(The most challenging part for me: "She gets up while it is still dark.") :)

I KNOW, though, that living by this example pleases God, my family and my friends. And we can all strive for it!

This is a woman we would all respect:
  • She works with eager hands
  • She ensures her family's needs are met
  • She owns property
  • She has physical strength
  • She manages resources wisely
  • She supports her husband's reputation in the community and establishes her own
  • She participates in the local economy and can earn her own money
  • She has a positive outlook
  • She is wise and shares her wisdom with others
  • She manages her household well

Because of these things, her children "call her blessed" - her husband "praises her" - her community respects her.

No comments: